Susan Garcia is a Senior Paralegal and Firm Administrator of Phillips Kaiser PLLC.
Susan’s legal career began over 30 years ago. She has worked as a Paralegal in both in-house legal departments as well as law firms such as Houston Lighting & Power Company (now Reliant), Halliburton, Apache Corporation, Enron Corp., Morae Legal Corporation, and Phillips & Reiter, PLLC. Her main focus has been on corporate, regulatory, and IP law.
In addition to Paralegal research Susan has done the following:
- Worked on patent applications for new technologies relating to environmental cleanup projects such as Superfund sites and responsible for the administration of patent files and calendaring.
- Supported regulatory attorneys and provided paralegal support and analyses during hearings before the Public Utility Commission of Texas.
- Administered stock option plans at multiple companies, which included tracking the options, assisting participants in exercising their options and authorizing the original issuance of stock
- Prepared and executed arrangements for board of directors meetings
- Prepared and executed arrangements annual shareholders meetings
- Prepared management and board reports including executive compensation
- Drafted written consents for subsidiary companies
- Formation of new companies is various states
- Maintained over 200 corporate minute books for all subsidiaries
- Prepared and filed corporate annual reports (over 200 each year)
- Prepared and filed unclaimed property reports in all 50 states
- Administered the dividend reinvestment plan and the odd-lot buyback program of common stock
- Developed processes and managed law firm’s day to day operations
- Worked with IT department to deploy laptops and phones, and onboarding of new employees and contractors
- Worked with job surveys and job matching
- Obtained the Certified Legal Manager (CLM) certification in May 2015
- Texas Notary
- Association of Legal Administrators – National and the Houston Chapter (2013 – 2017)