“Warm, friendly and always a pro – Thank You, Greg.”
After joining Enron, Greg, unfortunately, experienced the company’s financial downfall in 2001. However, he remained with the Enron Bankruptcy Estate as the Assistant General Counsel. In this role, he effectively led a team that oversaw the dissolution of over 3,000 Enron subsidiaries across the globe.
Greg and Craig established their first independent law firm while handling the Enron estate, which later expanded to 26 lawyers and multiple offices in four different cities.
Most recently, he and Craig Kaiser, co-founded Phillips Kaiser which has become a powerhouse of Houston business attorneys that provides an array of legal solutions and general counsel services to mid to large businesses.
Although Greg resides in the city, he cherishes his rural upbringing and the invaluable lessons it imparted to him. These teachings have molded him into the esteemed lawyer he is today. In his own words, “Growing up, I learned that forging strong connections, treating others with respect, and upholding one’s integrity is crucial. These values guide my approach to practicing law.”
Greg has embarked on a new legal endeavor that aims to emulate his own path from modest beginnings to triumph in both the business and legal arenas. He co-founded The Legacy Project with Craig Kaiser in 2020, a developmental initiative under Phillips Kaiser that focuses on cultivating a diverse array of leaders in the legal sphere. When Craig presented the concept to Greg, he was wholeheartedly enthusiastic about it.
Greg attributes his success to several mentors who believed in him and supported him throughout his academic and professional journey. Specifically, he credits his professor who encouraged him to pursue a career in law, as well as his mentors at IBM and Bracewell. According to Greg, their unwavering faith in him allowed him to discover and develop skills he never knew he possessed.
The Legacy Project aims to offer the same chance to others who may not have easy access to it, enabling them to discover their talents and emerge as leaders in their respective fields and communities. The founder hopes to inspire and empower individuals through this initiative.
EDUCATION & ACTIVITIES
- B.S., Engineering Management, Southern Methodist University.
- J.D., University of Texas School of Law.
- M. Div., Summa Cum-Laude, Amridge University.
- Adjunct Professor of Old Testament Survey and Christian Ethics courses at Southwestern Christian College – 2013 to Present.
- Advisory Board Member, BBVA Compass Bank – 2013 to 2015.
- Advisory Board Chairman, Houston Technology Center – 2009 to 2011.
- Board Member, The Houston Angel Network – 2005 to 2011.
- Board Member, The Houston East End Chamber of Commerce – 2009 to 2011.
- Board Member, St. Thomas High School, Houston, Texas – 2011 to 2014.
- Chairman of the Board and Board Member, The Regis School of the Sacred Heart, Houston, Texas – 2012 to 2015.
- Board Member, Annunciation Orthodox School, Houston, Texas – 2011 to 2015.
- Foundation Board Member, St. Agnes Academy, Houston, Texas – 2015 to Present.
Email Greg Phillips
"*" indicates required fields
Request A Complimentary Consultation with Greg Phillips
"*" indicates required fields